I was tagged for a meme by the fabulous Gretchen at Canela & Comino. And I must admit, I'm terribly excited about it. I've never been tagged for a meme before! I always saw it as some sort of blogger right-of-passage, and I gotta say – it's refreshing to write a post without using the words "sweet", "rich", or "crumb". Here's some incentive for my dear readers, too: if you stick around and read to the end, you get a treat. Woooo! Yay! Treats!
So, without further ado: Ten Somewhat Interesting Facts About Nemmie:
1) I have an unhealthy and irrational fear of tornadoes. And I live in Kansas. So essentially the springtime is a 3- to 4-month-long anxiety attack for me.
2) When I was 21, I broke my collarbone in a freak spelunking accident (okay okay – I was actually goofing around doing acrobatics in my friend Nikki's yard). Anyhoo, my collarbone broke clean in half, the doctors couldn't get the two pieces back together, so it healed with one chunk of bone in front of the other. So when you look at my shoulders, one collarbone sticks out abnormally and then just ends abruptly. I have to have all my spaghetti-strapped tops and tanks and bras altered about an inch so that the strap doesn't fall down on my left side. It's nice.
3) I am No. 6 out of 11 kids in my family. I am the Definitive Middle Child. All of us from the same 47-year union, too. Yes, indeed, we are Catholic. I should also point out that it gets mighty chilly up in Wisconsin.
4) During the first 2 years of dating my husband, I pretended I didn't know how to cook. That way, if he came over during a mealtime and we didn't want to go out, he had to do the cooking. Hee. It's really easy to fake a lack of cooking skills – burn a few things in the oven, over-salt something on the stovetop. So dear Hubs did everything in the kitchen while I blissfully lounged on the couch, reading fashion magazines and sipping a cool cocktail. That is - until I got tired of not cooking and wanted to show off my mad baking skillz. So I miraculously learned to cook/bake overnight. If he was on to me, he never let on. Quite the gentleman, that husband of mine.
5) I'm super-duper clumsy (see number 2 above, a perfect example of this fact). I can't get through a morning without spilling coffee on myself. I trip over nothing more than my own two feet. I drop things. I knock things over. Essentially: don't ever put something important to you in my presence, because I'll find a way to fall on top of it. Sometimes I marvel at the fact that I'm still in one piece.
And for a bonus (since I definitely couldn't hit Ten Things):
6) I never leave the house without a lavender marshmallow Peep in my purse. Because you never know when you're going to need one.
That's it, ladies and gents – Ten... er, Six Interesting Facts About Me. Thanks for tagging me Gretchen! And now, I tag my glamourous KC foodies to post this meme:
"5 Things" Meme Rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their Blogs.
Okay guys, you made it. Here's your treat: Mahni made you some chocolate-covered pretzels! Marvel in the wonder of it all...
First, eat some pretzels while someone else carefully lays the rest on a sheet of parchment, and drizzles them with chocolate (what a diva, that Mahni expects everybody to do the dirty work for her).
Next, apply sprinkles liberally.
And voila! They are ready for eating!
Hope you enjoyed the stories and pretzels! Another fun post coming up on Friday :)