21 October 2007

Oreo Truffles


I need to thank Sarah for this recipe. After over 2 weeks with no oven, I've been in quite the funk. These truffles, while not a baking recipe to fulfill that particular 'itch' of mine, came out perfectly and taste great. I was a bit surprised: I thought the truffle/oreo filling would be light, but in fact it really is quite rich. I wanted to spice things up a bit so I added some flavoring to my mixtures (vanilla to one-half the truffle filling, those are white-chocolate decorated; mint flavoring to the other half with green sugar sprinkles).

They were perfect, a great little treat after a filling dinner. Pretty fun to make, too!

Oreo Truffles (from Sarah)



Ingredients:
1 pkg. (1 lb.-ish) Oreo sandwich cookies
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. flavoring (vanilla, mint, almond, cherry; anything your little heart desires)
2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Decoration (melted white chocolate, sprinkles, raw sugar, etc.)

Crush cookies to a fine crumb in a food processor. Add cream cheese and flavoring; pulse until well blended. Put mixure in a large bowl.

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Roll cookie mixture from bowl into balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.

Melt chocolate in a saucepan (do not burn). Dip balls in chocolate and place on another wax paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar or decorate as desired.

Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.

5 comments:

Patricia Scarpin said...

These are luscious!
I'm gonna tag the recipe - these truffles would be wonderful Xmas gifts for my friends!

Oh, and your blog is beautiful!

Lance said...

These look great!

They remind me of an incredibly simple recipe I have for peanut butter bon-bons.

Nemmie said...

lance, I think I have the same recipe! Kinda like peanut butter play doh, but you roll and dip it? Another easy but yummy "truffle" type dessert. Will have to make those next, if this no-oven thing continues much longer...

Sarah said...

I love these! Glad you enjoyed them.

Nemmie said...

Sarah, I already had to make another batch this week, for my god-daughter's birthday (they were requested, and greatly appreciated by the recipients). The oreo truffles recipe is a great one!