17 September 2007

Whopper Cookies


Found this recipe online, it was one of my "Baking Saturday" creations. This recipe baked up a delicious and very unique-tasting chewy, crispy, malted milk cookie of goodness. They are great when warm and gooey,, but resist the temptation to eat them all right out of the oven - they are even better the next day. After sitting, you can really taste a lot more of the malt flavor.

Whopper Cookies

Ingredients:
2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. butter, room temperature
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. roughly chopped Whoppers/malted milk balls

Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in milk and vanilla, then gradually blend in the flour mixture. Do not overmix; stir only until no streaks of flour remain. Stir in the chopped Whoppers/malted milk balls.

Drop into 1-inch balls (Tbsp.-sized balls) on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes, until lighty browned.Cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

7 comments:

Laurian Vega said...

I just tried these since I had a ton of left over whoppers from Halloween that I didn't know what to do with. They were very very tasty - a nice toffee like taste.

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

i am making these tomorrow for sure.....i have to use up all these malted easter eggs lol.... thanks a ton

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

I made them and love them...i am linking back on my post today thanks a ton

Unknown said...

I made these for the last 2 years for my Cookie swaps! My Friends and Family LOVE THEM!
Thanks! :)
Lynn

metrolick said...

Excellent recipe I love cookies specially when I' alone in the pharmacy, I'll say to my mom if she can prepare them because sometimes I need something delicious to eat.

Robyn said...

I just made these, but I added chopped up chocolate bars to mine too! SO delightful1

cindy said...

There are no eggs? I am in the process of making these and when I woild normally add egs, I noticed there weren't any!?